This week, I began reading The Lemonade War by Jacqueline Davies. This book has been read by many of classmates and I've had it on my "want to read" list for quite some time. I am so glad that I finally got this book! The author does such a good job of pulling the reader into the story. Davies makes you feel as though you are connected to the story because many of her readers have similar personal experiences.In this book, there are 2 siblings Jessie and Evan. Evan is only a year older than Jessie, causing some drama. Especially when Jessie skips a grade and they become classmates. Being in the world of education, many of us know how much tension there can be between siblings in the same class. These 2 decided to build a lemonade stand as summer is coming to an end. Of course, they could not share the same lemonade stand and work together. Each child built their own stand and it became a lemonade war.
I am connected to this book due to the fact that I have a strong sibling rivalry. I have 1 older brother and that is it. You can imagine some of the battles we have been through. Oh boy, I can remember the pranks and the arguments. This was especially apparent in my family because we all are so competitive, even my dad would hop in and help stir the pot between us. We eventually grew up and we now are very close. The rivalry has not completely gone away and this is apparent when we all get together for the holidays and we play Family Feud and other games, which is coming up soon this year and I am very excited!
Anyway, I don't want to spoil this book for any of you interested in reading it. If you enjoy a little laughter with some competitive spirit, you will love this book!
I read this book at the beginning the semester! It is so easy to relate to because most people have siblings. I have a sister who is older than me, so there was always tension between us because of our seven year age difference. This book definitely shows how competitive siblings can be, but also how much they support one another.
ReplyDelete